ARTIST: LEE J MALCOLM
TITLE: NOW FOR PRAGUE / TOULOUSE OR NOT
CAT. NO: EPM15
RELEASED: 12 MARCH 2012
1. NOW FOR PRAGUE
2. TOULOUSE OR NOT
3. NOW FOR PRAGUE (GARETH WHITEHEAD REMIX)
4. TOULOUSE OR NOT (KRISTIAN HEIKKILA REMIX)
Lee J Malcolm makes a return to EPM Music following his debut solo album ‘Folded Spaces’, which was released last year and launched with a live PA at EPM’s party at Nitsa in Barcelona, during 2011’s Sonar festival.
This Leeds based artist continues to lead a double life with both his love of electronic music, which dominates his solo career, running alongside his performances with experimental rock band, Vessels.
The latest release sees Lee J Malcolm in tough dancefloor techno mode, with two new and previously unreleased tracks. Here, the reverberating drum patterns and bass-lead electronics of the builder, ‘Now For Prague’ are flanked by the subterranean ‘Toulouse Or Not’, with its stuttering percussion and rippling grooves.
Both tracks also receive individual reworks with Bulletdodge’s Gareth Whitehead taking on ‘Now For Prague’ while Kristian Heikkla who releases an album on EPM this summer, adds his touch to ‘Toulouse Or Not’.
EPM Music’s 2012 roster will also include a new sideline project from Lee, with the ‘Lee J Malcolm presents Terrestrial’ album due later in the year.
* IBIZA VOICE (SPAIN)
"'Toulouse Or Not' is madness! Wicked stuff."
Reviewed 6/3/12: http://www.ibiza-voice.com/story/news/3856
* MIXSIDE.COM (SPAIN)
Reviewed 4/2/12 http://www.mixside.com/lee-j-malcolm-now-for-prague-toul ouse-or-not-2012-epm/
* DJ TIMES / BIGSHOT / PROMO ONLY (USA):
"Deep dirty and funky - a sick collection"
* WILL KINSELLA
CEOLTRONIC RADIO - RTE PULSE (DIGITAL) / 2FM (DUBLIN, IRELAND) :
Comments: "Solid as f*ck. Will feature on Ceoltronic Radio tonight (1/3/12). Thanks a mill"
* RESIDENT ADVISOR (INTERNET) / CACOPHONOUS BLING (BLOG - UK) / IBIZA-VOICE.COM (INTERNET - SPAIN) - FREELANCER
"Like this package. The remixes do offer something different. Heikkla's effort is superb. 4 stars for that alone."
* GARY BECK (BEK AUDIO / SOMA): Comments: Like the Kristian Heikkla mix!
* INIGO KENNEDY (ASYMMETRIC / TOKEN): Comments: Some nice tough sounds here. Like the dark melody of 'Now For Prague'.
* LEE HOLMAN (FEROX / NIGHTVISION):
Comments: I like Kristen Heikkla¿s remix the best from this EP.
* NORMAN NODGE (BERGHAIN / OSTGUT TON): Comments: Never heard of these guys but they put all together what it takes to make people dance. In some points a bit too obvious for my taste but anyway, will play for sure.
* AUDIO INJECTION (DROID): Comments: Very nice originals, thanks!
* DRUMCELL (DROID):
Comments: Nice one! Super proper good work on `Now For Prague'.
* MR O / DETROIT GRAND PUBAHS:
Charting Gareth Whitehead remix at no.3 in February Top 10 on
Clubbing Spain http://www.clubbingspain.com/djcharts/2012/02/mr-o.html Data Transmission http://datatransmission.co.uk/ViewChart/1560/
Ibiza Voice http://www.ibiza-voice.com/music/chart/Detroit_Grand_Pu bahs